It probably goes without saying, but I love my job at Stone Ward. I must if I have been here for over 10 years, right? It is a great place to work, the culture is like family and creative work is what we do best. Who wouldn’t want to work here? Well, now is your opportunity. We are looking to hire an experienced account manager. If you are interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the position details:
Stone Ward is seeking an Account Manager with 5+ years agency experience. Experience should include a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the client’s business and a demonstrated ability to direct and recognize results-oriented marketing communications that are on brand strategy.
The Account Manager will be required to provide business and marketing counsel to clients at an executive management level and oversee an associate account executive in the daily execution of client projects. The Account Manager will also oversee the client profitability and will be responsible for managing the client budget and agency revenue. The Account Manager will report to the Director of Account Management.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Serving as an agency leader across all disciplines to lead an integrative approach to all client marketing communications.
- Acting as a leader for agency teams, creating a culture of team-level responsibility for achieving agency and client goals.
- Developing strong relationships throughout the client organization, particularly at executive management level, maintaining thorough understanding of client satisfaction and ensuring client retention.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of client’s business, category, competitive landscape and customer base to ensure agency is proactive in delivering strategic marketing direction.
- Recognizing and contribute to creative account planning that is excellent, results-oriented and strategic.
- Providing strategic consultation about client’s business and marketing initiatives on a regular basis.
- Supervising clients budgets and billing, as well as agency profitability by client.
- Continuously seeking out education and information on communications tools, techniques and trends to apply to client’s communications initiatives.
Desired traits in an Account Manager include (in no particular order):
- Numbers nerd
- Not reactionary
- Strong work ethic
- No shrinking violets
- Calm under pressure
- Know when to say “no”
- Ability deal with multiple personality styles
- Willingness to learn new things
- Willingness to take hit for team
- Good written communications skills
- Good verbal communications skills
- Producer-type personality
- Ability to defend creative
- Good time management
- Good creative instincts
- Ability for forethought
- Good negotiator
- Thought leader
- People person
- Good listener
- Team player
About the Account Management department at Stone Ward:
The Account Management function at Stone Ward serves an extension of the client’s marketing department, with a specialization in creative communications and customer experience interactions. We are a partner in the client’s strategic communications planning, execution, budgeting and measurement.