The Wall Street Journal had a great article in yesterday’s edition with predictions about the ways in which technology will change our shopping behaviors, learning tools and entertainment methods. It is a long article, but I encourage you to read it if you have the time. Here are some highlights from the intro to give you a little taste:
- Televisions that project 3-D images into the middle of the living room.
- Appliances that “talk” to us through email alerts.
- Commuters will still carry newspapers to work, but will likely download them to a pocket-sized computer that can also show TV news broadcasts.
- Shoppers will still be greeted at Wal-Mart, but a computer may be the one saying hello–and reminding them of what they bought on their last visit.
- Friends will still send each other birth and wedding announcements, but the process will be virtually automated, thanks to alerts on social-networking sites.
I love future predictions! Enjoy.